A blood soaked Arthur IS RISING

Gonzo journalism and fiction is a tricky mix.... Welcome to my razor's edge.

HELLO THERE...

I am an elf in the attic making mind toys with sharp edges; an educated writer who gets good reviews, who you can read for free in the rough form of first drafts on the web, or purchase in a book form.
The best soldier does not attack. The superior fighter succeeds without violence. The greatest conqueror wins without struggle. The most successful manager leads without dictating. This is intelligent non aggressiveness. This is called the mastery of men.

tao

Welcome to you, I am John Scott Ridgway, Novelist, Poet, Blogger, Radio and TV writer and actor... five books, also paint in oils and acrylics. I am poet warrior of sorts, a non violent radical, personally, though understanding of those who choose other paths IN THE EIGHTY PLUS COUNTRIES AT LAST COUNT THAT came in this blog ...

The predicted revolutions in the USA and around the would are going to


be violent in the next twenty years, is what the CIA says. I want them to stay peaceful, which is the only way to win this struggle between haves and have nots. They have more guns, we have more people,, and they include the mothers and sisters and brothers of the people they will ask to fight us.... I think they underestimate the police.

NEVER ACCEPT APPEASEMENT OVER JUSTICE. By any means necessary is the reality. . . the USA can be spared stupid wars, but other countries. . . need different solutions. . .

The number of Countries that have come in to have a look at this blog humbles me. Thank you very much.


NEVER UNDERESTIMATE HOW MUCH I DESPISE VIOLENCE

EXCEPT UNDER EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES BY

PROFESSIONALS, HOPEFULLY, like the police, military, etc...

understanding that violence is sometimes needed

does not mean I like anything about the sound

of fists hitting faces

Boxing is too much for me

make me feel like I am watching

dog fights with toothless pitbulls


"I am an artist first, and a politician second," as John Lennon said.

My intentions are to stop the violence from entering into

revolutionary wars

the CIA

predicts


will break out in the next twenty years all over the

world, including here...

But Ill tell ya,

if there is not some redistribution of

wealth here there and everywhere

WE WILL WITNESS THE HORROR

THE HORROR

OF WAR ON all OUR SHORES




My intentions is to keep these protests peaceful

so we can win

without bloodshed



Total War for Total Peace

Never incites violence

or destroys property

you should be able

to go to protests with strollers and babies

parents feeling as safe as the police


Now, poetry...


I am too far out into the battlefield to retreat. This CHARGE is win or die...




PROPHECIES OF ECSTASIES AND HORRORS


A blood soaked Arthur has risen



be aware

be very aware


total war
for total peace
is being fought
HERE

THERE will be many ways to die
and only one to live
give and give and give
until the worlds downtrodden and oppressed
can begin to forgive
before things get bloody and ruthless
My Peace sign shot full of holes
and my reason ignored
drowned out by the roar of machine guns

You cannot break the golden rule
all the time and not expect
consequences from nature
mankind


we will fight for our right to thrive as well
we do not accept your sentence
to poverty so you can earn more
by shipping the factory off to China
WE ACCEPT NO CHAINS...
BREAK THOSE WE HAVE
COME RUNNING FOR OUR OPPRESSORS
WHO THE HELL WOULDN'T???


nothing this mindgame in america can do to us
can destroy this thing inside that yearns for freedom
enough to die in the name of JUSTICE
generation after generation
from time
immemorial










No more hyper-reality FOR US. We have already spent too long in an oasis of belief where nothing is wrong, folks... Now, we must face this was all a mirage... and try like hell to get out of this desert... or resolve ourself to the fact that we will leave our children to starve in the barren sands.


There are better ways to defeat an enemy than an outright fight, especially if you are vastly outnumbered, like the Elite. MSM PSY-WAR allows them to control our actions through our thoughts, and basically stop our FORCE from activating. I am not saying we should fight just because we can win, I am just saying we should fight before we lose, if no other option is left us.... because a world is at stake.

  • You are a spark in dry timber, stopped from becoming a roaring flame
    only by -- YOUR OWN DISBELIEF IN YOUR POWER TO IGNITE...
    They SET UP LAWS THAT ALLOW THEM TO STEAL. MURDER. BRAINWASH THEIR CRITICS. We must begin to feel challenged now to stop them. Or WE WILL LOSE EVERYTHING. PERIOD. THE SKY, OTHER SPECIES, OUR WATER... OUR MINDS. No more hyper-reality for us... too long in that oasis where nothing is wrong folks... we must face this is all a mirage.
    • OUR LACK OF RESOLVE TO CHANGE OUR WORLD MUST PUZZLE THE GODS THEMSELVES.... how can we be this collectively dum? And if we are....then the brains will be looked to as potential saviors.... when all too often they are just psocyo-paths and stooges and scared folks under the gun who are ALLOWED to CON EVERYONE... FOR THE GOOD OF A




A cruel slap woke me to the PAIN
at the moment of birth;
My first cry was NO
buried in unintelligible screams.
I am a man now.
Now I catch your hand and break all the fingers.

the promise


You must be whoever the enemy fears the least
or fears the most.

No other position is saf
e

da general


Welcome to the spark that inflames TOTAL WAR FOR TOTAL PEACE.

I am too far out into the battlefield to retreat. This CHARGE is win or die...

THE ELVES ATTIC is stories, poetry, essay's, peculiar events in my life . . . oil painting, articles.


Your patience for bearing with me on my first drafts is a much appreciated kindness. Your worldwide interest is my muse . . .Lately I have been writing a book called Gangsta General x, about a revolutionary in the USA, who is fighting to keep the revolt peaceful as things spin out of control in the states after a famine gets the populace hungry enough to change their society once and for all....



HOW TO USE THIS BLOG: There is a black and white jukebox in the right column that you can shut off, or find songs on.... To listen to the COMEDY SKITS FROM THE SHOW PEACE AND PIPEDREAMS... turn off the black jukebox, and turn on the Green one. I play Moon Bong Haze and Jesus...

I have five majors, five books, two tv shows, a radio show, 76 countries at last count on this site alone, and over a million online readers to my credit. I can't thank any of you enough for all of your help and encouragement over the years; the favors and aide that has been offered me, the trust in my leadership... you are all SACRED TO ME ... even you folks I tend to hate.

TOTAL WAR FOR TOTAL PEACE -- Thank you especially. Your sacrifices live on. I salute you... and SWEAR ON THE GODS OF MY FATHERS THAT WE WILL TRIUMPH AND YOUR DEATHS WILL BE PAID FOR IN BLOOD AND TREASURE.

Thank you.



2010/02/02

Common Ground For Common Sense....

This is the new catch slogan for The Elves Attic on Talk Blog Radio, emblazoned on the t-shirts and mugs and head sets and edible panties and stuff.  Suits the political nature of the show.

We had the logo for Peace and Pipedreams designed by a crew and all that.  This time, I am going to come up with my own drawing of an armed elf.

 On the business side, I have been getting in contact with an old buddy from high school who supplies microphones and the other gadgets I need to send my voice rambling across the planet.
 J. Hoffington, I will call him.  To digress...  His father was one my dad's favorite partying buddies, and all around friends, during the years after the divorce, when mom and all them kids left him to take care of himself.   For awhile, both our fathers both moved into trailers on a campground in Kendaville, Indiana....it was kind of cool, but not...  There were a few acres of trees, but the farmer who ran the thing basically had it for the three or four folks who lived there year around, and a few others who came in the summer.  There were no beaches or tennis courts or trails or nature much or... well, anything.  Though getting to live in a woods, by a small spring fed pound, in a trailer pleased my dad to no end at that point.  There were no public bathrooms.  No store, or signs, or anything.  It was big enough and there were few enough people that they spread out alone or bunched up, depending on their needs.  There was a man made pond, with what was either supposed to be for swimming but the Farmer didn't keep it up, so the water was covered in green moss and looked stagnant and slightly unhealthy.  The Farmer was a big drinker too of course, and they had all met  each other in bars.  They took care of each other out there, those two.  Jack, John's dad, and my dad, Kenny.

I met Jack and John long before the campground period....
My dad, my buddy Matt who was living with us for the summer after high school, pretty much because he could and we had fun partying all the time and doing nothing, my brother Dave and I all lived together in a two bedroom across the street from the small town bar my dad drank.

Sometimes Dad would bring his buddies over for cards, which Matt and I loved to play and were hard to beat in that town...  we would play spades or hearts or anything except poker, really...  We played for a few bucks, and if they lost,  which Matt not being above cheating and their drunken state assured, we always just said to forget the money and just get us a case of beer, which is what we were after.  Sometimes we let these guys off for fifty bucks in exchange for an eight dollar case.  Beat working.  They would just get us some beer, right across the street, easy for the drunkest of folk.   They would jump at the break, and we had cases of beer sometimes...   the one night we won too much money, we gave it all back.  We weren't thieves, and usually won legally.  I am a boof.  He was doing this way before he told me.  Hell, though, no one else gave them breaks on card losings and they loved us.  They  came back because we were good card players, and we were nice kids.  And they were drunk.

John's dad came to my attention  this way... then later they both ended up living out in the woods. They cruised the bars all around northwest Indiana, sometimes going on road trips for a couple days chasing women (dad was about 70 then).

  I had known John from high school.  He had just moved to Garrett and since our dad's were friends, we were.  He is smart and curious, etc... our conversations were usually deeper than most kids in high school.  We had a lot to talk about.  Both of us lived with hard drinking, though loving and often sensible fathers.  Our dad's even tried weed together, rather late in life -- my dad was in his seventies, but cute man that he was, he was ashamed to admit it to me even though I myself smoked and he knew.

Anyways, so now John has grown up into a small business owner, and a Republican.  Me, I am a lucky to not be in jail leftest... ho.  We are working together on the equipment I need to do the radio show out of my apartment, and from all over the city, and still network well with guests around the country, what kind of microphones to send my guests, to make sure they are all internet savvy and equipped to plug into my little station and be a guest.  I also want to thank folk for being on, or listening even... by being able to give some away with our logo.  

Back to John...  We are so different. He likes Sarah Palin and I can't see her as anything more than a cartoon character, no matter how dangerous I think those cheerleaders are.

John and I have more in common than we differ, and we are at the opposite ends of the political spectrum.  The sad part is that we would be screaming at each from different sides of the streets without the bond of having fathers who were pretty much kindred souls.  

Mostly, I prefer to spend my money politically, though that is more an ideal than an actuality.  Here I am working with someone who advances a cultural agenda that I disagree with.... Civility.  Everyone talks about it.  Takes practice.

I want to send out head phones to people, with our logos, and some kind of shit that says thank you, gets them involved.
When I was doing the reading at Big Star, The Elves Attic Live, we tried to set  up so the lead performer was given a dvd of the entire show.  We sold them to other people who might want to see their performance for next to nothing.  It was a courtesy.  I also put together new posters weekly with the guest name somewhere in my collage/drawing works... which I would give a framed copy of to the reader.  Just being nice.  Most became regular readers.  Why not?  In a town where they often charge people  to read on their stage, I want artists to be paid.  Not that I charged for admission.  I want people to come in for free.  It was fun and easy for me.  My back never goes out so much that I cannot take a few pain pills and sit around for a couple hours.  Not exactly a job, but a way to give back to the arts community, and kind of host a party every friday. Of course, it goes without saying that I herrd some great stories, music, rap, etc...  it was fun...

This will be something a bit more professional than a neighborhood reading, but the principles are the same.  I have ran a few and should sometime write a guide to starting a sucessful reading;  I learned a lot as a writer from hearing the other voices, seeing people progress... it is fun.  I would still rather promote someone who is good rather than someone who is just famous.   In fact, yes I will do a piece on how to start readings on the show.

Anyways,...  so what will this show be like if you tune in ....  well, I will be commenting on the news, with comedy stories I write during the week, playing characters telling narratives and interacting.... from Jesus bemoaning his fate as the leader of the four horseman, to Chester Ballsnu,'s obnoxious Venerial disease of the week to Moon Bong Haze's business reports on his ger bong bong cleaning service (gerbils with small air tanks that do a remarkable jar on some bongs...  of course there is not getting around doing a few bits ohis problems with his minute penis and his friendship with Brittany Spears, who uses him for weed, as so many do...  There will be interviews with  writers, actors playing people, politico's, etc... whomever I find to be interesting or funny or telling or whatever...  music from friends of mine around the world, myspace  and the underground Chicago bar band scene, as well as Hong Kong... where the extensive music scene is going to be covered by a guy who used to work for NPR...

I will be having some of my  improv friends, as well as listeners, etc... come on and riff as different characters..... Eventually.  At first, I want to find my rhythm and be able to do everything myself.  A lot of pre-recording will be done, with less of an emphasis on out right improvisation than Peace and Pipedreams.   Other people will be a bonus.   The first interview is set up, with someone who is wanted by the law...how cool is that?  For something she wrote, and sold for enough money to move to a state where they leave her alone.... she goes by Hunter S. Thompson on Facebook, and is a Hilarious.  I am also doing some purely print interviews that will show up on the blog, as well as web based pre-interviews of the guests which will show up on the shows promotional site.

My political ambitions will be on full display, with a weekly segment detailing the Chicago area protests, a section I will call SHOVE, as a take off on Operation Push that few will get outside the windy city, but what the hey... Rev. Jackson is one my greatest inspirations..  This will be backed up on the website and open to anyone to add anything from everywhere, but just keeping on top of the protests here is going to overwhelm my staff (Yes, mom, you will be required to work a few extra hours for that cot in the storage unit, and I better not hear one more whimper out of you or you can forget that diabetes medication for another day) .   I will also be able to do the show from anywhere my laptop travels, so expect some reports to come directly from protests, and others to be covered by folks who are there calling in, whatever....

Johnny Pain coming out of me again is a welcome character, hard-boiled, oh so different than the series of books I am writing about 'my own personal Jesus.'   I look forward to doing my serial killer, spy again.  That old pervert.  I used my voice for his voice and Jesus and Scott Ridgway on the show, as a joke... there were other dj's,  doing theirs voices, so this similarity was buried a bit, but funny to me...  just using them by myself, it would be too confusing.  Rather than only play Johnny Pain, Me, or Jesus, I am going to change Johnny Pain.  Make him sound more like a gruff soldier,  old bi sexual, drug running, drug dropping dude that he is.

Chester Balls On U is the sportscaster, who hates sports... and always ends up rambling into some story that leads into a plea for sex, with women who do not mind a few venerial diseases among friends.  He would report on sports like, Some guys threw this ball around.  There were cheerleaders, bouncing up and down, up and down...."  You get the picture.  I made him sound like Cronkite, only because I was forced to make up a voice about two seconds before I was supposed to do this character... it was like Jimmy Peace handed me a script and pointed out the name, I laughed and launched into a voice...


Jesus is going to be tricky, because he is the comedic guy I developed, yet he is also going to be reading poetry from a serious book, Waking Up Jesus, where the wrath of God knows no bounds This will be a funny juxtaposition.  Sort of like Jesus is this normal guy until you get to talking to him, and find out he is here to usher in the End times... knowing someone is actually going to kill you, and burn every goddamn baby seal on this planet alive in some Blast  that God is going to set off, though he will never tell Jesus when (read Matthew for the quote about No One Knows when the four horsemen are going to come riding down out of the sky).  Lucky he is a nice guy and quick with a miraculous ressurection for Moonbong, or he would have overdosed during breast feeding, when his mother decided that the baby should get to share her drug filled life... why not momma haze figured, she would be happy for the buzz.  And moonbong is....  Of course my Jesus is a stoner leftest.


There is going to be a Military Intelligence Officer who does a report on the war each week, as well as going into the history of the Intelligence World, the basically more obscure stuff, but very sensible, not crazy.  I do not want to go anywhere near Alex Jones or these right wing guys.  I want to show a sensible, scholarly approach drowned out by a reactionary poet, and played by a crazed character who will rip your head off and fuck your throat hole if you piss him off enough.   I will have actual comments swirling around underneath this net,  With lots of facts, and less speculation.  There are enough crazy ass facts in the world on Intelligence, without having to rely on conjecture.

The show will be up for podcaste in half hour blocks.  The last half hour will be serializing my books for the blind and anyone else who wants them.. This way, anyone can go in and download all the last half hours to nab first one war, then waking up jesus, and the Religious Psycho Killer's Shit List....which brings me to Bush.

I like my Bush, and am going to keep him.  Same with my Cheney.  Much better than the actual guys,that is for sure.... I want to certain actions of that administration in the news and especially Cheney.  This shit with them getting away with Cheney's death squads, which were active... as first reported, before somehow the news changed one day and they said he never actually used his death squad, just kept it around as kind of a knick knack.  They were only stopped after the Army complained about the civilian casualties.  That old creep operated a private hit squad with no over-site.  THAT MEANS JAIL TIME IN THE REAL WORLD...WISH WE LIVED IN ONE.


  I will tread more lightly than some leftest who called for the noose for treason (a rock band...).   War is complex.   I do not want to see the grunts punished for the Bush administrations sins.

.  Usually, when someone gets blamed for this stuff in the military,  it is the lowest person on the totem pole, the person least likely to have the power to actually change around the orders --   both those implicit and implied.   My Bush will still be the druggy, rich boy, who thinks he is God's own savior... Should be fun writing about his transition.  Last I was writing about him, he was going to take over Mexico for the cheap weed, run himself one of the family drug cartel's his dad bought back during his cia days.


On the local scene, I am going to be doing Things That Piss Off Mayor Daily,  our reality show with him....  I will have him ranting about local issues that have universal implications, keep the breadth of the show large...

Another segment will be Comment Wars... which is going to read some of the best and worse back and forths I have read that week.   By the way, these ideas are owned by me, and I will be pissed if I see them anywhere, pissed enough that you will never hear the end of it from me and I can talk on for fucking years...
I will smear your name on the proverbial shithouse walls of the web, convince the world you are an open sored glory hole too diseased for entry...  and you know what that will do to your love life....

Uhhh...  what else....  I am going to do a segment weekly on different cults... we will do top cult news of the week, and then spotlight one cult a week.... who I will do something indebt on,  the more obscure ones... some just kinky, others deadly, all of them sharing the anthropologically approved signs of a cult.    Yes, I plan on fisting tom cruise...metaphorically.  He would have to pay me a lot for the physical pleasure.  Ten bucks, I don't know?  What do you charge for such things// and are you expected to wiggle your fingers around???  I know, I know...best not to go there.



I am going to pretend that all of these characters are living in The Elves Attic, after going broke in the stock market and life and the loss of the radio show.  They are in no way rebuilding their lives, so they are merely clinging together to have a place to stay that has a little less chance than the flop houses that their tv will get stolen.  Whores, drugs, bibles, spies, violence and pathos and....  This sort of comedy, being juxtaposed with serious essay's I will read, as well as a lot of the revolutionary poetry, written in 2007, will be some different radio... and let's not forget the music of Chicago's Coolest Bar Bands... another segment.

I am gathering the recording equipment needed to record a bunch of little bits.  I want every story I read to be smooth as I can, and boof that I am, that requires editing.

A lot of times Improv to me is like a writers meeting, funny stuff but it can develop into something else.  I mean, there is something magical about it and all that on its own, but for my purposes...

So, that is the format.  Glad we made that clear... ha.   I have to make some coffee and stay up a few hours to finish an article...    Just wanted to kind of make clear what I am doing, for those who are not so anxiously awaiting my debut.... I mean my Mom, who as I said, will be severely beaten unless I have high ratings from the start.  So listen to the show or just know that you got an old ladies ass kicked.  And hey, I love my mother, so if I am forced to beat her more than usual, I am covering after you people ...you will  never know what hit you, end up one of those secret ICE prisons where I will use my intelligence connections to have your mind permanently messed up, so you think all avocados are angels and eating them is a taboo you will stop at nothing to impose... trust me, this will drive you spiraling down into a homeless existence where your only blanket is the booze.  I know.  Some bad shrooms had me convinced of this same thing for the month or two that I was taking those things.   I was able to rescue a lot of angels, which felt good at the time, but just added to my record.  Going into a Mexican restaurant and trying to Free the Guacamole can get your ass kicked... especially if you do it for days.  The Chefs have knives.  I could show you the scars, but not the chef's... you know how it is, I'm an american so for every drop of my blood that my enemy spills, I take back  gallons...   I blame Bush for all this.  As well as the dog hair on the carpet.  And this mole.  Those cigarette ashes...

So we have a lot going on here at the Elves Attic and I hope you will join the ride until my inevitable OD.




.






Me and a buddy who live with my dad for the summer after high school, when we bummed around Waterloo Indiana, a tiny town,  going out to the swimming hole at night, smoking a lot of weed and getting very drunk whenever possible, throwing frisbee, learning to get up to a pack a day.  My dad liked the company.  He was drinking from dawn to night then.  He held it well, I have to say.   I mean, I do not have horror stories about his drinking.

In fact, at 18 I was fairly wild, and my own drinking made him look straight.  He was a ww2 vet and lived a pretty wild life --  let's say he may have drank to medicate sometimes, but mostly he drank to have fun and did.   and sometimes he crashed a car and even got a dui once  (he lived his life in a state where you could legally have an open cold one).

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

one of my very sorry little attempts to show my oil paintings, pets, girl...

a new mural in rodgers park... and picking up poo and sniffing pee

m and i take a trip down to the bean sculpture... here in Chicago...

Click on the side of the videos and it should take you to utube, where you can view the entire video.

Ruby dog fights the mighty dash... click on video to watch at utube

Thank YOU for over a half million hits at my various sites ... new counter.

one war

The collected john scott ridgway

The collected john scott ridgway
a demented little entry into philosophy, humour and redemption.,

the elves attic

AddThis Feed Button