A blood soaked Arthur IS RISING

Gonzo journalism and fiction is a tricky mix.... Welcome to my razor's edge.

HELLO THERE...

I am an elf in the attic making mind toys with sharp edges; an educated writer who gets good reviews, who you can read for free in the rough form of first drafts on the web, or purchase in a book form.
The best soldier does not attack. The superior fighter succeeds without violence. The greatest conqueror wins without struggle. The most successful manager leads without dictating. This is intelligent non aggressiveness. This is called the mastery of men.

tao

Welcome to you, I am John Scott Ridgway, Novelist, Poet, Blogger, Radio and TV writer and actor... five books, also paint in oils and acrylics. I am poet warrior of sorts, a non violent radical, personally, though understanding of those who choose other paths IN THE EIGHTY PLUS COUNTRIES AT LAST COUNT THAT came in this blog ...

The predicted revolutions in the USA and around the would are going to


be violent in the next twenty years, is what the CIA says. I want them to stay peaceful, which is the only way to win this struggle between haves and have nots. They have more guns, we have more people,, and they include the mothers and sisters and brothers of the people they will ask to fight us.... I think they underestimate the police.

NEVER ACCEPT APPEASEMENT OVER JUSTICE. By any means necessary is the reality. . . the USA can be spared stupid wars, but other countries. . . need different solutions. . .

The number of Countries that have come in to have a look at this blog humbles me. Thank you very much.


NEVER UNDERESTIMATE HOW MUCH I DESPISE VIOLENCE

EXCEPT UNDER EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES BY

PROFESSIONALS, HOPEFULLY, like the police, military, etc...

understanding that violence is sometimes needed

does not mean I like anything about the sound

of fists hitting faces

Boxing is too much for me

make me feel like I am watching

dog fights with toothless pitbulls


"I am an artist first, and a politician second," as John Lennon said.

My intentions are to stop the violence from entering into

revolutionary wars

the CIA

predicts


will break out in the next twenty years all over the

world, including here...

But Ill tell ya,

if there is not some redistribution of

wealth here there and everywhere

WE WILL WITNESS THE HORROR

THE HORROR

OF WAR ON all OUR SHORES




My intentions is to keep these protests peaceful

so we can win

without bloodshed



Total War for Total Peace

Never incites violence

or destroys property

you should be able

to go to protests with strollers and babies

parents feeling as safe as the police


Now, poetry...


I am too far out into the battlefield to retreat. This CHARGE is win or die...




PROPHECIES OF ECSTASIES AND HORRORS


A blood soaked Arthur has risen



be aware

be very aware


total war
for total peace
is being fought
HERE

THERE will be many ways to die
and only one to live
give and give and give
until the worlds downtrodden and oppressed
can begin to forgive
before things get bloody and ruthless
My Peace sign shot full of holes
and my reason ignored
drowned out by the roar of machine guns

You cannot break the golden rule
all the time and not expect
consequences from nature
mankind


we will fight for our right to thrive as well
we do not accept your sentence
to poverty so you can earn more
by shipping the factory off to China
WE ACCEPT NO CHAINS...
BREAK THOSE WE HAVE
COME RUNNING FOR OUR OPPRESSORS
WHO THE HELL WOULDN'T???


nothing this mindgame in america can do to us
can destroy this thing inside that yearns for freedom
enough to die in the name of JUSTICE
generation after generation
from time
immemorial










No more hyper-reality FOR US. We have already spent too long in an oasis of belief where nothing is wrong, folks... Now, we must face this was all a mirage... and try like hell to get out of this desert... or resolve ourself to the fact that we will leave our children to starve in the barren sands.


There are better ways to defeat an enemy than an outright fight, especially if you are vastly outnumbered, like the Elite. MSM PSY-WAR allows them to control our actions through our thoughts, and basically stop our FORCE from activating. I am not saying we should fight just because we can win, I am just saying we should fight before we lose, if no other option is left us.... because a world is at stake.

  • You are a spark in dry timber, stopped from becoming a roaring flame
    only by -- YOUR OWN DISBELIEF IN YOUR POWER TO IGNITE...
    They SET UP LAWS THAT ALLOW THEM TO STEAL. MURDER. BRAINWASH THEIR CRITICS. We must begin to feel challenged now to stop them. Or WE WILL LOSE EVERYTHING. PERIOD. THE SKY, OTHER SPECIES, OUR WATER... OUR MINDS. No more hyper-reality for us... too long in that oasis where nothing is wrong folks... we must face this is all a mirage.
    • OUR LACK OF RESOLVE TO CHANGE OUR WORLD MUST PUZZLE THE GODS THEMSELVES.... how can we be this collectively dum? And if we are....then the brains will be looked to as potential saviors.... when all too often they are just psocyo-paths and stooges and scared folks under the gun who are ALLOWED to CON EVERYONE... FOR THE GOOD OF A




A cruel slap woke me to the PAIN
at the moment of birth;
My first cry was NO
buried in unintelligible screams.
I am a man now.
Now I catch your hand and break all the fingers.

the promise


You must be whoever the enemy fears the least
or fears the most.

No other position is saf
e

da general


Welcome to the spark that inflames TOTAL WAR FOR TOTAL PEACE.

I am too far out into the battlefield to retreat. This CHARGE is win or die...

THE ELVES ATTIC is stories, poetry, essay's, peculiar events in my life . . . oil painting, articles.


Your patience for bearing with me on my first drafts is a much appreciated kindness. Your worldwide interest is my muse . . .Lately I have been writing a book called Gangsta General x, about a revolutionary in the USA, who is fighting to keep the revolt peaceful as things spin out of control in the states after a famine gets the populace hungry enough to change their society once and for all....



HOW TO USE THIS BLOG: There is a black and white jukebox in the right column that you can shut off, or find songs on.... To listen to the COMEDY SKITS FROM THE SHOW PEACE AND PIPEDREAMS... turn off the black jukebox, and turn on the Green one. I play Moon Bong Haze and Jesus...

I have five majors, five books, two tv shows, a radio show, 76 countries at last count on this site alone, and over a million online readers to my credit. I can't thank any of you enough for all of your help and encouragement over the years; the favors and aide that has been offered me, the trust in my leadership... you are all SACRED TO ME ... even you folks I tend to hate.

TOTAL WAR FOR TOTAL PEACE -- Thank you especially. Your sacrifices live on. I salute you... and SWEAR ON THE GODS OF MY FATHERS THAT WE WILL TRIUMPH AND YOUR DEATHS WILL BE PAID FOR IN BLOOD AND TREASURE.

Thank you.



2011/02/11

HUNTING

"You should not ask the God's for anything."
"Why not?"
"That is the superstition, here.  If you ask God for something, you say you know better than God what you need... and it comes back on you, twisted, in bad, Twilight Zone bad, kind of luck."
"You don't believe it?"
"After what you have seen here, are you going to doubt anything this tribe knows.  They had alien contact, a hundred thousand years ago, and have been isolated in these mountains ever since.  Preparing for this...  "
"Even with all their science, they still have superstition.  That will have to be a chapter heading in the book, at least.  Unless I just write my own, later, and then I want that name."

"Chris, they are going to come over here and tell you that they can grant you a wish.   You have to tell them you do not want one."
"No.   I want to see what happens.   Maybe show them something."
"You are contaminating...."   The doctor realizes how absurd what he was about to say was... they had been in the Amazon monitoring a tribe that had never made contact with modern society, advocating to keep loggers and others away from the pristine culture -- and more important, the modern viruses that would more than likely kill them out.   In this case the culture they had ran into knew more than their own in a lot of ways, though in others were almost strikingly ignorant.

Magic.  A lost art.  Making something out of nothing.  Moving through space, dimensions, from planet to planet with the ease of changing a thought.  They were just beginning to understand the least of what the Iklings  were capable of.   And just as importantly, what they themselves were capable of learning from them.
When they discovered how open the tribe was to sharing their secrets, and the powers they held,   the two scientists and their assistants stayed awake for two days, discussing the implications of releasing such powers on a war torn planet.  Who could they trust with the ultimate key to the universe?

They took drastic action in the end to follow through on their decision to keep the magical abilities of the tribe hidden.   Two members of the team left their profession to join pursue religious studies.  The others returned to protect the barriers between what they had discovered and the world that made sense, the world on newspapers and the orderly history describes in school books.

"I wish to be famous, so I can protect your tribe from every threat."

He did not expect the word to elicit a response.   He had seen the ritual of cleansing performed many times, almost weekly, and always the ceremonial question was asked and refused.  

Th e music  stopped the instant he spoke his wish, as if the drummers could hear his words over the thundering of their six huge, antelope skin covered drums.

The youngest among them are afraid.   Their parents shoo the whimpering children away from the fire, back toward the leaf lean too's where they slept through the steamy, equatorial nights.

"I wish to protect you."  Dr.  Alkins signs what he means to the tribe, then uses what few words he knows of theirs to make sure he gets the message across.  

The tribe quiets then.    Staring at the strangers, waiting.   It takes them a few minutes to finally ask, then learn, that they needed to leave now.   The tribe did not want to get hurt when the Gods answered the foolish man's wish.    The Warriors began to gather their bows and arrows, spears.   Some made menacing motions toward them, then pointed off back down the trail from which they had come.


Eighteen Months Later


The man who answers the door is not what he expected from his father.   The man looks less like an assistant than the Gardner, and would indeed turn out to be the Gardner as well.    "My father is expecting me."

"Come in.  Come.   He is upstairs.    Saw you come in.  Go ahead.  He has a fridge up there.  Cokes, drinks."


He follows the man into a planetarium, the front of which is filled with lush plants of all sizes, hanging from the ceilings and filling various levels of shelfs, all under an elaborate water system that periodically mists the different plants and creates brief blasts of rainbows.   In the back is his father, under the glass ceiling exposing stars spinning out into infinity.   They are high enough above the surrounding buildings that no other lights detract from the pinpricks of brilliant white star in the velveteen, black night.

"What is it?"
"Come, sit."
"Eighteen years."
"Really?"
He looks confused.  So much older.  Hair gray,  dark under his eyes.  Worry lines etched across his forehead, temples.   The sharp lines of youth given way to the slightly blurrier appearance of middle age.   "Are you... sick?"
"No.  Time though....  I did lose track.   I did not know how to ... come back."
"You didn't go anywhere.  Your ... you say you went nowhere, and then everywhere?   Your letter didn't make sense to me."
"You understood the part about my money."
He smiles and laughs, "Sure.   Thank you.  But...  you know, it ....  I don't want to feel like it is too late."
"Seventy million dollars buys a lot of good will.  Even  million does, ask my butler, the gardner's family.  We make one a millionaire every week.  They send me back dinner."

"Okay."
"I brought you here for a reason.   I would hope you forgive me, and understand what I have been doing, but... that is not why you are here, specifically.   You have my genes, my blood, and most importantly, I raised you for the first thirteen years of your life, and I know, for sure, you have a good heart.   You might be the only young person I .... well, you are.  Better than mine.   I  had a lot to do with that...  you see, I learned real magic, in Ecuador, in series of mountain caves, man-made, by a tribe....  that hides.  We never mentioned them in our research, other than as an unspoiled tribe in need of isolation."
"You are.... well, okay, a lot of people believe in magic."

"No, that is not... Watch."   The old man points at a book on the floor, then holds out his open palm.   The young man is incredulous as the book smoothly rises up off the floor and lands on his outstretched hand.  "Nice trick."

"Thank you."
"We were given this magic....or I was... to protect the tribe.  A wish, they granted me.   I knew it was going to end bad for me."
"What do you mean?"
"I wanted to become famous enough to stop people from encroaching on the indigenous tribes.   I didn't know  it would happen because we were attacked by  poachers, trying to rob a tribe under our protection.   I lost your mother, my best friends and students.  A crew that I had worked with for sixteen years. .   That happened.  For it too... something had to pay.   No action without a reaction.   I can't make it up to you... but I can, give you something, something that I will pay for then... not you.  Something you can use to stop what is coming... what the tribes see, what I see...  what caused my old partner, Dr. Linck, so many years ago... to walk out into the dessert and take his own life."

He takes out a cigarette and lights one up.  "Can I have something to drink... beer?"
"Grab one from the fridge."
"Thank you.  The money you mean, that is what?"
"Money?   You will never again need money.   You'll start giving it away, like I do."

"What is it?"
"The Liko tribe came into contact with a UFO approximately a hundred and fifty thousand years ago.  Living members of that crew were humanoid enough to splice their genes into the humans, so some part of their species could survive, and hopefully be later synthesized.   You see, this species could look at the DNA of any human, and then find every animal, and plant stage of evolution we were ever in, and even more, extrapolate from there to recruit extinct species.    They predicted there was a high chance our species would extinct ourselves and the planet, so they were making a historical record of earth for both artistic purposes, and scientific, as well as entertainment.  The UFO told them when the would come back, and left them with the knowledge of how to basically make something out of nothing.   They don't even need air to make Gold.  As a result, oddly enough.. it seems at first, at least... they actually cherish things that they do not conj-our up more than any object they can make.   You would like them.   You will.   You have to go see them sometime, if you ever feel it is safe.... you will understand.   I am going to give you something that will allow you to basically create anything you want, within reason.   You can make a car, a house... you can't make another world, or a country, or someone go away   Most people get this ability, they pay... the other dimension, or whatever it is, takes something back.  You notice right away.  A tendril into your gut, taking just a bit of your courage at a time... until you get to be ninety four and all you got left is fear.   I can deal with fear, learned how after all these years.  What I cannot deal with is someone else learning the secrets of this tribe... and using this magic to....  You don't know.  In the wrong hands.   I thought mine were for awhile...."

"How do you know mine aren't?"
"You don't want to know."
"You want me to go along, you are going to have to convince me.  I am not going to just take orders.  I mean, to some degree."
"Don't worry.  Your inheritance is guaranteed.  You can have half of it today, if you want?  You don't have to take orders.   You do have to be convinced.  But.... that will take care of itself."


He follows his father to a small elevator, new, in the back corner of the room, hidden behind a dressing screen  they go down much lower than the basement, at least four stories. "What is this?"
"My laboratory.   They...  wanted me to synthesize the aliens.  Like they ...  this myth, that when they rose again, they would call their brethren and they in turn would save us....  The Aliens being sent by God, even though they did not necessarily know they were being used.   They also believe there is a chance that they are going to have to destroy the planet, to release the souls.   There is a day, coming up next year, when I fear that after all these thousands of years.....  once we had the genes of the otherworlders isolated, and it is easy on their computers to calculate the recovery -- they left everything all set, and trained them...

Problem is ..  the Loki have been living only to return the favor to the visitors, for immortality, peacefulness.  Now that they have repaid the debt... they are going to move on... see, when we first discovered them, we thought they were isolated from us, but no... they knew all about us, but this was their way of keeping us away.   They communicate telepathically, so you would never know that as they sit around a primitive fire, they are discussing the finer points of particle physics in hundreds dozens of different languages at once.

When me and my colleagues went in.... we were only concerned with not releasing another nuclear bomb.  It was obvious to us the Loki knew how to control the magic they used, and were careful to never abuse it... hell, we could not figure out, for the longest time, why they did not use it more.  We never thought the Loki would use this...

We didn't know about this prophesy .... like a lot of cultures, they predict their end.  The difference is, with the Loki...  they could make that self-fullfilling prophecy.  You are going to find this hard to believe, but ... I truly know, for a fact, that the lowliest practitioner of this alien art form, if you will, can destroy a planet... or even a sun.... easier than you or I could walk around the block.   The thing is they learn a level of control and compassion, sort of.... that this becomes impossible...  Basically,  three weeks ago I finally finished decoding some of the deepest caves,  down where stone writings still exist, from men who did not yet trust the aliens memory machines...  and I  realized they have been hiding this from me.   Not as some plot, mind you... just to be polite.    The topic is so depressing, that they ...  just do not bring it up.   They think the world ends in seven months, twenty three days,  At dusk or dawn.   They are the same word on the stone, I believe."

"Okay, so you got the twenty twelve bug.  Did why two k get you as well?"
"I am a scientist....  evidence is evidence."
"Okay, then change the color of my shirt.  Show me your magical powers?"
"Why?"
"Proof."
"There will plenty of time for that.  Your belief is something I can take for granted, you'll understand that in a moment.   Your sanity, on the other, that I am not going to take for....ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 comment:

  1. This is a half finished story that I will get back to... the Loki in the end destroy the world, though this scientist does his best to save it... I think. Sometimes the stories make their own endings, which are always better than mine...

    ReplyDelete

one of my very sorry little attempts to show my oil paintings, pets, girl...

a new mural in rodgers park... and picking up poo and sniffing pee

m and i take a trip down to the bean sculpture... here in Chicago...

Click on the side of the videos and it should take you to utube, where you can view the entire video.

Ruby dog fights the mighty dash... click on video to watch at utube

Thank YOU for over a half million hits at my various sites ... new counter.

one war

The collected john scott ridgway

The collected john scott ridgway
a demented little entry into philosophy, humour and redemption.,

the elves attic

AddThis Feed Button